The Complete Guide to Making Mobile Application Prototypes
Mobile App Prototyping is a procedure that describes an app’s workflow interactively. You can swipe, click & drag and then you can present it in the form of an app demo or as a proof of concept app. There are different mobile app designers who get confused with prototyping and wireframes and they consider them one and the same. However, there are different approaches and meanings in the two processes. As discussed earlier, Mobile App Prototyping is the process of defining the application workflow in the most interactive way, whereas wire framing is the process of defining the application flow and drawing a rough sketch of the screen on paper or using wireframing tools.
How is this application prototyping noticed?
Some iOS developers first started creating various screens on the Xcode platform using storyboard apps. Actually, it’s just creating different screens in one view by placing buttons and linking those screens using clickable events. Prototyping this application is needed to create a proof of concept application in the storyboard. But application prototyping plays an important role when designing and developing processes.
Prototyping makes it easy to bring your ideas to life
Mobile App prototyping helps build your app the way you envision it. Its main goal is to streamline your design development process. You get many benefits from app prototyping such as:
• Quick import – To import and crop multiple images at once.
• Quick duplication -For duplicating your projects, mockups and links, helps you edit and compare fully functional ideas. It’s more helpful when your mockup has a similar layout that allows you to skip creating the same link multiple times.
• Organize your projects – you don’t have to worry about having too many mockups or losing track. The prototype tagging feature allows you to categorize your files so you can always find what you’re looking for.
• Transitions – It has five types of transitions, including fade, next, back, rise, and disconnect, so your stream looks like the original.
• Gestures – Prototyping offers every gesture you could possibly need, including touch, swipe, and pinch that let you navigate the app.
• Dropbox Sync – Don’t worry about your progress or working from different devices. Any changes you make will be automatically synced to your mobile app prototype account via Dropbox. Prototyping supports JPG, PNG, and BMP.
The Importance of Prototyping Applications
App Prototyping helps you improve your design and helps you work through the concepts, features, interactions, and flow of your app.
Evaluate app ideas: Prototyping connects you with end users and helps you speculate on end user design expectations when using your app. In this process, you may need to create different designs with the help of different color schemes and layouts. Each design is entered into the phone and after that it is analyzed. In fact, it gives a soothing feeling to the eyes and the best user experience can be easily evaluated through this app.
Fixed design issues: The designers did not use paper prototyping in real design projects because they had great potential to contribute to creating a high-quality user experience.
Communicative design concept: Apps that help and guide to interact with end users have more value than apps that are made purely for fun and entertainment because these apps serve a purpose. Prototyping for such applications is the most demanding. If you skip screens while designing or developing, there’s a good chance that your app won’t work.
Stages of Making Mobile Application Prototypes
Once you’ve found the basic premise for your new app and have a solid idea of your target user base, the single most important aspect of making it happen is the design process.
• Set Goals: If you don’t set goals for creating the app, you won’t know how to design it. The basic goal of setting your goals is to save users money by providing them with a benchmarking tool. You can determine how your app will help the customer and can solve a particular problem or can improve their regular lifestyle if you set a goal for the design team to be left behind, so they can focus their efforts on your needs.
• Understand Your End User’s Needs: Suppose users don’t have time to read instruction manuals just to use your application, create an intuitive and easy design. Client views are coverage documents, feature lists, and application reference links that help developers understand their needs. Navigating through documents and gaining in-depth insights, are two of the main responsibilities of a project manager. It is always better if the business analyst is also present there because his brain storming can also bring some good input in it. The designer understands the requirements and draws flowcharts on paper under the guidance of the project manager. And this is the whole job run.
• Wireframing: Once you get a basic idea of how the app will flow, you can start sketching a rough screen on paper or using wireframing tools including different widgets and layouts. At this stage, you can set up your app’s end-user navigation system using keynotes.
• Define visual effects: Once all the functions are fulfilled, you can start designing the actual screen, you can make visual effects more effective by choosing color schemes, placing widgets, button titles, message pop-ups, etc.
• Final Touches: In the final stage, you have to test the transitions, animations and interactions, etc. You also need to double check the end screen with grooves to make the screen more relaxing. Remember if you are not satisfied with the design of the app, you can send it to the app developer or to the test team for review. If you need to modify the screen, you can suggest a final touch.
There are different types of prototyping tools available in the market but you have to choose the one that will be of use to you. To choose the right tool, you need to know certain things that are needed to design a web, Android, or iOS app. You must know the precession of prototyping. You should also know whether you can share this design with others or not.
Design is important in the application development process
It is important to appoint developers who have a lot of experience in designing applications that are easy to use and that improve people’s lives in various ways. Remember whether you are helping your end users to do their job more effectively or providing them with information or entertainment, designing applications is an important aspect of this development process.
If you diligently follow all the points above, you will be able to prototype your amazing ideas.
As advocates of the mobile app development industry, we at Promatics Technologies take every precaution to ensure we deliver outstanding app prototypes every time.